CANNON ROCKS RATEPAYERS ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT
Cannon Rocks Community Hall
On 4 October 2022 at 10h00
- The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everybody present. A special word of appreciation to Mrs. Barbara Beckmann and the ladies who organized a very successful Bring and Share. Also to Mr. Philip du Plessis for providing a generator during the period of load shedding.
Mr. Bert Venter Chairperson
Ms. Michelle Hayes
Ms. Barbara Beckmann
Mr. Philip du Plessis
Ms. Tracey Bull
Ms. Alta Kotze
Ms. Adéle du Plessis Acting Secretary
Mr. Paul Strutt
Mr. Barry Fourie
- Absent without Apology. None
- Refer to Additional Items below.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Confirmation of the approval of the minutes of the committee meeting of 6 September 2022, proposed by Mr. Philip du Plessis and seconded by Mrs. Alta Kotze. Minutes to be made available on the Website.
MATTERS ARISING NOT ADDRESSED UNDER PORTFOLIOS
- Illegal Squatting. During a meeting with senior Municipal Officials on 15 September 2022, it was confirmed that an application to evict by the legal firm SCJ and Co on behalf of Ndlambe Municipality, has been made in the High Court of Makhanda against the unlawful and illegal occupiers of the Boknes dumpsite, which will be heard on the 25th of October 2022. An update will follow soon.
- Parking Areas: Environmental Monitor Control Committee. Nothing to report.
- Feedback from the Ndlambe Ratepayers Forum. Nothing to report.
- Maintenance and Infrastructure.
- Play Park. Following an on-site visit to the playpark next to the Community Hall, it was decided that CRRA will maintain the playpark within reasonable resources.
- Community Hall Building Plans. Stand over.
- Infrastructure Maintenance Plan. The portfolio holder reported on progress regarding the Infrastructure Maintenance Plan.
- The maintenance team are still for G5 Material to raise and stabilize the base level at the corner of Stroebel- and Heather Streets and Patricia Street respectively.
- Bulk water supply points were discussed between the Deputy Director Infrastructural Development and both CRRA and BNA committees. Following evaluating of various options, an agreement on the location of a water supply point was reached.
- The replacement of various shut-off valves in the main water supply system in Cannon Rocks was temporarily stopped. However, work commenced and the valves will be replaced soon.
- Fire Fighting and Precaution. Nothing to report.
- Communication and Community Support. Nothing to report.
- Security and Safety. The portfolio holder reported that the Licence Plate Recognition (LPR) camera at the entrance of Cannon Rocks is beyond economic repair and needs to be replaced at an cost of approximately R12,000.00.
- Decision. It was decided that the Licence Plate Recognition (LPR) camera at the entrance of Cannon Rocks to be replaced. Funds to be obtained from possible donations.
- Ward 1 Liaison. Nothing to report.
- Local Government and Development. Nothing to report.
- Beach Walkways. A quotation to the amount of R17,000.00 was received for labor cost. Since the date of the meeting a second quotation of R9,000.00 was received. Approval by the committee members was obtained by means of electronic voting in favor of the last quotation.
- Awareness Notice Board. Stand over.
- Advertising. Nothing to report.
- Statement of Account. The bank balance as at the end of September 2022 was noted with approval.
- Expenditure. The following expenditure was approved.
- R1,046.00 for the purchase of two new fire extinguishers.
- R277,00 for brackets to be used for mounting of traffic signage.
- Correspondence Received.
- Correspondence Sent.
- Letter – Enquiries Eskom.
- The following items to be addressed in the September Newsletter.
- Illegal Squatting
- Bring and Share.
- Licence Plate Recognition (LPR) camera.
- The next monthly meeting will be held on 1 November 2022.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 11h45.