NEWSLETTER – JULY 2023
CANNON ROCKS RATEPAYERS
More information is available on our Website: Cannon Rocks, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Seaside village
- Illegal Squatting. The illegal squatters were successfully evicted from the garden refuse transfer site at Boknes in terms of the Eviction Order granted by the Honorable Judge Bloem at The High Court Makhanda on 25 March 2023. The committee expressed its appreciation to all concerned for the successful eviction of the squatters.
- Infrastructure Maintenance. The portfolio holder Infrastructure, monitor progress made in accordance with the Infrastructure Maintenance Plan as agreed to by the Deputy Director Infrastructure Development and CRRA committee.
- Repair of Potgieter Street started during June 2023, however, could not be completed due to a shortage of G5 material. Once maintenance of Potgieter Street is finalized, repairs on other gravel streets will follow.
- The main water supply booster pump at the corner of Melkhout- and Geelhout Streets (new extension) has been removed for replacement and is awaiting funds in the new Municipal financial year. However, it was reported that the old motor has been replaced, tested and in operation.
- A letter dated 12 June 2023 was forwarded to the Eastern Cape Department of Transport requesting for repair of the potholes in the road (MR0463) between the R72 and the Boknes/Cannon Rocks crossing. An appointed contractor started with maintenance and repair of this road at the end of June 2023.
- ESKOM pre-paid Meters. ESKOM informed users via its App of a very big change which will affect all Eskom’s prepaid customer’s meters on 24 November 2024.
A new series of electricity vending codes will be introduced to all meters in South Africa. This will ensure that the meter’s key change code does not expire. Eskom is informing its prepaid customers that the lifespan of the current vending codes of meters will be expiring on this date. If you are an Eskom prepaid customer, you will need to take action to ensure that your meter keeps working and that you will still be able to top up your meter when you purchase your meter tokens.
The following link can be used by Ctrl + Click to obtain required info.
- Security. An urgent appeal to resident of Cannon Rocks to make themselves available for night patrolling to enhance safety and security. For any enquiries, please contact Mr. Philip du Plessis at 082 586 9592.
- Coastal Environmental Maintenance Plan. As reported in the June 2023 minutes as well as in the June Newsletter, it is not foreseen that any new Method Statement applications will be presented to DEDEAT before November 2023.