NEWSLETTER – MARCH 2023
CANNON ROCKS RATEPAYERS
- Street Numbers. To eliminate confusion, residents as well as property owners are urged to replace existing erf numbers with the street address available on the municipal account. Display of both the erf and the street address also creates confusion. Please use the street address for delivering purposes.
- Illegal Squatting.
- The chairman of Cannon Rocks Ratepayers Association, Mr. B Venter, and the chairman of Boknes Ratepayers Association, Mr. J. Smit, met with the Ndlambe Municipal Manager on 22 February 2023. During this meeting various concerns regarding procedural requirements as well as findings by the Order of the High Court of Makhanda dated 14 February 2023, was tabled for discussion. The Municipal Manager expressed his appreciation towards both ratepayers associations for their assistance to find solutions to a common concern, and confirmed that the Ndlambe Municipality will comply with the content of the abovementioned Order.
- The application in the High Court of Makhanda against the unlawful and illegal occupiers of the Boknes dumpsite to evict, was re-scheduled for the fifth time until 14 March 2023.
- Eskom Load Shedding. Following a letter by CRRA dated 22 February 2023, feedback was received on 27 February 2023 that the application for exclusion from scheduled load shedding will be re-evaluated and tabled at the next meeting of the Eskom Load Shedding Committee.
- Transgression of By-Law. Residents and property owners are requested to familiarize themselves with the content of the Ndlambe Municipal Prevention of Public Nuisances and Keeping of Animals By-Law when they intent to keep domesticated animals like poultry etc. in domestic areas.