Below is the directive from the Ndlambe Municipality regarding efforts to save water.
The water saving campaign is applicable to water obtained from the municipal main water supply
system in Cannon Rocks and Boknesstrand only, and therefore not applicable to water obtained
from private boreholes and or rainwater tanks. The water quality from the municipal water
supply system for Cannon Rocks and Boknesstrand is of a high quality and ideally suited for
human consumption. Should the demand for water exceed the delivery capacity of the reverse
osmoses plant, particularly during peak seasons, there will be no alternative but to allow
untreated (salt) water directly into the main supply system, thereby downgrading the quality of
our water, which may not be suited for human consumption.
Suggested water saving measures during the COMING PEAK SEASON are:
• Use water wisely and sparingly.
• Do not use a hosepipe for the cleaning of drive ways.
• Do not use running water for washing cars.
• Running water should only be used when flushing outboard engines.
• Use bucketed water for the cleaning of ski boats.
• Do not refill rainwater tanks from the municipal water supply system.
• Gardens should be watered under direct supervision. Care should be taken to not leave
watering devices unattended or running for extended periods.
• Use harvested rainwater for normal domestic consumption.
Note: SHOULD THERE BE A REQUIREMENT TO TOP UP RAINWATER TANKS, IT IS SUGGESTED
THAT THIS BE DONE PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE PEAK SEASON, RATHER
THAN DURING THE PEAK SEASON