CANNON ROCKS RATEPAYERS ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT
Cannon Rocks Community Hall
On 7 March 2023 at 10h00
- The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everybody present.
Mr. Bert Venter Chairperson
Ms. Barbara Beckmann
Mr. Philip du Plessis
Ms. Michelle Hayes
Ms. Tracey Bull
Mr. Barry Fourie
Ms.. Adéle du Plessis Acting Secretary
Mr. Paul Strutt
Ms. Alta Kotze
- Absent without Apology. None
- Refer to Additional Items below.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of the minutes of the committee meeting of 14 February 2023 proposed by Ms Michelle Hayes and seconded by Ms Barbara Beckmann. Minutes to be made available on the Website.
MATTERS ARISING NOT ADDRESSED UNDER PORTFOLIOS
- Illegal Squatting.
- The chairman of Cannon Rocks Ratepayers Association, Mr. B Venter, and the chairman of Boknes Ratepayers Association, Mr. J. Smit, met with the Ndlambe Municipal Manager on 22 February 2023. During this meeting various concerns regarding procedural requirements as well as findings by the Order of the High Court of Makhanda dated 14 February 2023, was tabled for discussion. The Municipal Manager expressed his appreciation towards both ratepayers associations for their assistance to find solutions to a common concern, and confirmed that the Ndlambe Municipality will comply with the content of the abovementioned Order.
- The application in the High Court of Makhanda against the unlawful and illegal occupiers of the Boknes dumpsite to evict, was re-scheduled for the fifth time until 14 March 2023.
- Parking Areas: Environmental Monitor Control Committee. Nothing to report.
- Feedback from the Ndlambe Ratepayers Forum. Nothing to report.
- Eskom Load Shedding. Following a letter by CRRA dated 22 February 2023, feedback was received on 27 February 2023 that the application for exclusion from scheduled load shedding will be re-evaluated and tabled at the next meeting of the Eskom Load Shedding Committee.
- Maintenance and Infrastructure. Nothing to report
- Maintenance. Nothing to report.
- Play Park. Nothing to report
- Community Hall Building.
- Mr. Willie Groenewald took measurements of the braai area for inclusion in the building plans of the Community Hall.
- The water pump for the kitchen seized, however, it was repaired. A letter of appreciation to be forwarded to Mr. Jeff Hilliar.
- Traffic Signage.
- Waiting for feedback from traffic department.
- Fire Fighting and Precaution. Nothing to report
- Communication and Community Support. Nothing to report
- Security and Safety. Nothing to report
- Ward 1 Liaison. No Ward meeting.
- Local Government and Development. Nothing to report.
- Awareness Notice Board. Approval for the erection of an Awareness Notice Board at the entrance to Cannon Rocks, was approved on 23 March 2023.
- A number of payments for advertising have been received.
- Notices to be sent to outstanding accounts.
- Statement of Account.
- The bank balance as at the end of February 2023 was noted with approval.
- Correspondence Received.
- Eskom Middle Manager Key Accounts (Eastern Coastal Cluster) dated 22 February 2023.
- Eskom Key Customer Manager (Eastern Cape) dated 27 February 2023.
- Correspondence Sent.
- Eskom Customer Relations Manager dated 22 February 2023.
- Eskom Customer Relations Manager dated 28 February 2023.
- Poultry. Complaints were received about poultry noise in the vicinity of Potgieter/Sandra Street, Cannon Rocks.
- Decision. The chairman and the portfolio holder Security and Safety to discuss the complaint with the owner of the property.
- Social Support. Constitutionally, the committee is mandated to ensure communication between CRRA residents/members and the Ndlambe Municipality and oversee the execution of infrastructure and general maintenance tasks. However, committee members are of the opinion that CRRA should also reach out to those in need in Cannon Rocks by facilitating interaction/support between them and the best available professional or organization for which help and/or support is required.
- The following items to be addressed in the March Newsletter.
- Bylaw regarding poultry
- Street numbering
- The next monthly will be held on 13 April 2023.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 11h15.