CANNON ROCKS RATEPAYERS ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT
Cannon Rocks Community Hall
On 3 May 2022 at 10h00
- The Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everybody present.
Mr. Bert Venter Chairperson
Mr. Paul Strutt
Ms. Tracey Bull
Ms. Michelle Hayes
Ms. Barbara Beckmann
Mr. Philip du Plessis
Ms. Adéle du Plessis Acting Secretary
- Apologies. Mr. Barry Fourie.
- Absent without Apology. None
- Refer to Additional Items below.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Confirmation of the approval of the minutes of the committee meeting of 5 April 2022, proposed by Mr. Paul Strutt and seconded by Ms.. Barbara Beckmann. Minutes to be made available on the Website
- Parking Areas: Environmental Monitor Control Committee. Nothing to report.
- Items Arising from the AGM (30 December 2021).
- A concept list of selected activities and relevant municipal and/or national legislation addressing Behavior in Cannon Rocks, Traffic Signage and Information Brochure re Development of Properties was tabled for discussion.
- Decision. The concept list of selected activities and relevant municipal and/or national legislation was approved. The concept list to be finalised for approval.
- Alexandria Water Augmentation Project. Installation of the new reverse osmosis plant has been completed. Handing over of the project to the Ndlambe Municipality is subjected to final functional tests. Although two boreholes are still awaiting Eskom connection, final handing over of the project should not be influenced.
- Correspondence from Mr. C. Bakkes. Chris Bakkes and Marcia Fargnoli requested a meeting with the chairman and Ms Tracey Bull in writing. Following from the request, a meeting was held on 12 April 2022 in the Community Hall. The meeting resulted in a fruitful, positive and open discussion. During the meeting they formally offered their apology for the accusations made in an e-mail to the municipality. Both Tracey and myself accepted their apology on behalf of the CRRA committee.
NDLAMBE RATEPAYERS FORUM (NRF)
- Feedback from the NRF. A NRF meeting was held on 13 April 2022. Concerns raised regarding municipal rates, the 2022/2023 budget and reports by the Auditor General (AG) give effect to necessity for a NRF workshop to discuss the proposed municipal rates, 2022/2023 budget and reported items by the Audit General (AG). A workshop was arranged for 26 April 2022 at Port Alfred. The concept municipal budget for the 2022/2023 financial year (FY) was discussed. Various budget items were questioned. A list of budget items was compiled and forwarded to the financial officer for comment.
- Maintenance and Infrastructure. Nothing to report.
- Community Hall. Nothing to report.
- Building Plans. Nothing to report
- Play Park. Nothing to report.
- Fire Fighting and Precaution. Nothing to report.
- Communication and Community Support. The portfolio holder presented a concept modus operandi for the administration of the group.
- A “practice Zoom meeting” to be arranged to evaluate the possible implications.
- The creation of a communication group on WhatsApp, namely, Cannon Rocks Info, was approved.
- A dedicated cellular telephone will be made available for Cannon Rocks Info group.
- Administration of the group must comply to the Protection of Personal Information Act(POPIA) which cameintoeffecton1July
- All paid-up members will initially be subscribed automatically on the group. To comply with the POPIA Act, members who do not wish to be a member of the group, may remove him or herself from the group.
- Security and Safety. Nothing to report.
- Ward 1 Liaison. Nothing to report.
- Local Government and Development. Nothing to report.
- Environment. A meeting between SANParks and the Ndlambe Municipal Fire Chief was scheduled for 11 May 2022 at Cannon Rocks Community Hall. The aim of the meeting is to facilitate an agreement between the Ndlambe Municipality and SANParks regarding fire prevention and firefighting at the western border of the Ndlambe Municipality and the eastern border of SANParks at Cannon Rocks.
- Advertising. The portfolio holder to will follow-up on the last two outstanding advertising fees for 2022. Advertising boards of advertisers that do not meet the due date for payment, will be removed.
- Statement of Account. The bank balance as at the end of April 2022 was noted with approval.
- Expenditure. The following expenditure was approved.
- 00 for traveling expenditure.
- Correspondence Received.
- Letter from Mr. Johan Els.
- Correspondence Sent.
- Letter – Maintenance of Provincial Road MR0463.
- Letter form Mr. J. Els. A letter dated 9 April 2022 regarding sand encroachment on the eastern public parking area (at the end of Dawn Street) was received from Mr. J. Els. On 22 April 2022 Mr. Johan Els and the chairman met to discuss the concerns raised in the letter. The chairman explained the process to be followed for the removal of the sand as well as the reasons for the delays experienced. The chairman to raise the importance of quick response to avoid structural damage to property at the next municipal Environmental Control Committee meeting.
- Notice Board. A request was tabled to erect a notice board in Galjoen Street next to the domestic refuse transfer sight. Concerns of duplication, ownership, maintenance, permission to display and to many information/notice related boards in Cannon Rocks were raised.
- Decision. The Environment portfolio holder to discuss the option of an additional notice board at domestic refuse transfer sight in Galjoen Street with the Ndlambe Municipal Senior Conservation Official, Mr. Mark Dixon.
- The following items to be addressed in the April Newsletter.
- Cannon Rocks Info Group.
- Reverse Osmosis Plant.
- The next monthly meeting will be held on 7 June 2022 at the Cannon Rocks Community Hall.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 12h00.